Monday, May 18, 2015

Stomach Pains

These arms ache,
they cry out,

My stomach pains ,
hells demons claim,
and I cannot keep my aim-
on life.

A cemetery 
is not a place of death 
but a place of rest 
for gentle goodbyes 
and white rose petals,
a bed of memories I wish to lay in,

A house of cards
And your Blue face,
I really just want to race
Through  time and space,

but my bodies fragile and wouldn't  last,
hells pit is opening and I am damned,
Determined  to suffer instead of drowning in a pool of love,
oh where oh where  
is my white dove?

5 comments:

  1. After reading the Keats "Endymion" that someone posted… I'm wondering… are you reading that too for another class Lina? There's a sonnet in iambics somehow embedded, embowered in this good writing. :) —kw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing this poem in class. I do like it. I wish I could hear it read out loud again. I don't quite follow it in my head, but that's not a bad thing, just thought I might give you my feedback. I like that there is so much subtext in this poem, and so much in the metaphor of stomach pains. I read this poem several times, and still feel like I coul read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of rhyme in this poem it gives it a certain flow! Gotta say though I really liked the first four stanza but the last one lost me :/ I felt this line "Determined to suffer instead of drowning in a pool of love," was really awkward and sadly I don't get the ending

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments! I know it's late but if you'd like I could elaborate :) Just comment and I will reply as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete