Saturday, May 16, 2015

Riddle Poem

[It took me this whole time to actually settle with an ending that didn't completely give away the answer... Although, it still has a working title. Feedback is welcome, and I hope you enjoy! --Marcie]

I grasp at two worlds, belonging to both.
I inhale,
taking in others' breath
let it run through my lungs and
just when I cannot take in anymore, I let
out a sigh, feel my breath
leave from every part
of me,
fresh and renewed.
I stretch
feel the sun's warmth.
I shake
my head from constant
traveling visitors and they
don't mind.
They like to play in
my short, full hair.
I dress
for major occasions, but
really, the occasions embellish
me.

No matter the day,
no matter the year,
Here I
reach.
Here I
grow.

6 comments:

  1. Ok.I'm probably reaching here. I'm really bad at these. Is it a tree? Really interesting poem. I like the added feature of the breath. it makes it less obvious to me that it's a riddle poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marcy!
    I really like the way you created the line breaks. I like the melodramatic effect with the interruption of the lines. It raises some kind of emotion, especially from the sense of power in your voice when you say "I dress" / "I inhale" / "I shake" / "Here I" /. Also, the way you ended the poem gave it a feeling of resolution. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think it's a tree!!! Breathing and growing, are the most notable reasons why I think that. I like the association to trees that I have with those two words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. Let's talk about it in our conference today. Anybody have an idea how to title this? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is neat! Although I'm really not too sure what it is referring to, it's still well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading this! Super curious though, what is it?! I also thought it might be a tree/plant.

    ReplyDelete