Monday, May 4, 2015

.

.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Adam, the language and intensity here is remarkable. I read this as a response to "Amergin and Cessair," the chant from week two… sort of made into a post-apocolyptic hybrid superhero discourse as well—a game of dozens among gigantic sci-fi robot creatures. Or something. Southpaw seemed the female gendered creature, although of course Mantises are famous for their predatory females :) —  I just love this for its grandiose rhetoric and profound expression of suffering and alienation. I think there's a level of feeling embedded here that is a thing in and of itself. So even if you experiment over the years and write in very very different modes and styles as you grow, you'll always have access to this extraordinary passion as a writer & thinker, which is so important. What you'll explore as you experiment with writing over time is how to overlay cleverness/ intelligence/ various discourses and feelings and modes of attention. There are so many different possibilities. As your interests evolve, your writing can evolve. —kw

    ReplyDelete