Welcome poets! Here's the place to post your own poems and poems you love as well as poetry links, events, and about poetry books—and to appreciate one another's work. See you in class this quarter… and see you here!
Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Nice Thing
Saw a stranger
He looked at me too long
Stranger turned into an old acquaintance
According to this man I once commonly saw
I am cool and a free spirit
That was all he had to say to me after 4 years
I feel like a free spirit and cool
This poem really amused me. It's strange running into people you use to know. But anyway, I like the simplicity of the poem, yet the fact that it says a lot in the briefness of it. You are cool. :-)
I also enjoy this piece, Henry. See a little editing below, ignore at will. The poem is fine as is. But am curious, who was this man, and what was his relate to the speaker in a a former time? Maybe there's a part II or a companion poem about that. Or maybe not :) Keep up the good work ! —kw
*** Nice thing
Saw a stranger He looked at me too long Stranger turned into old acquaintance According to this man I once commonly saw I am cool and a free spirit That was all he had to say
This poem really amused me. It's strange running into people you use to know. But anyway, I like the simplicity of the poem, yet the fact that it says a lot in the briefness of it. You are cool. :-)
ReplyDeleteI also enjoy this piece, Henry. See a little editing below, ignore at will.
ReplyDeleteThe poem is fine as is. But am curious, who was this man, and what was his relate to the speaker in a a former time? Maybe there's a part II or a companion poem about that. Or maybe not :) Keep up the good work ! —kw
***
Nice thing
Saw a stranger
He looked at me too long
Stranger turned into
old acquaintance
According to this man
I once commonly saw
I am cool and a free spirit
That was all he had to say