Saturday, May 2, 2015

Great Article on Poetry Writing

Lita Kurth posted this on facebook, and I really thought it a good guide for writing poetry. I never really thought about how a poem beckons you. It maybe a bit deep, but I would like to encourage you guys to check it out. I really like the easy way the article appeals to the senses, but teaches you or leads you in to a new perspective in a fun way. Enjoy. 
http://therumpus.net/2015/04/david-biespiels-poetry-wire-the-poem-as-whistling-father/

2 comments:

  1. delightful essay. I love the way the author describes those childhood beach days, and his father's whistle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to read half way due to me being in an environment where my attention span is short but from what I read it was enjoyable and thought-provoking because as I create words to say or I am talking about another experience I am entering a different world. That is what I got from it, that when I try to recall the memories of my past self, I enter a different world.

    ReplyDelete