Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Goons and Goonets

The ladies don't seem to be much of fans in regards to us, the creepy crawlies.
And the gentlemen hide intimidation from our sleek brown backs.
As our legs scuffle in, women hike their dresses high.
Men dance and stomp despite the ladies protest.
Scurry and scatter my friends quickly!
Dodge left, go right, forward!
For if you slow now...
the boot will come
and you will
die.
Places!
 Places! Run home,
and return to the cracks.
Go to your spawn within crevices.
We'll come out in the night to feed and breed
Let us watch all of the ladies and gentlemen bicker,
Let the tensions rise high and wait, my friends this is it.
They are preparing the bombs that will wipe out every race,
but not us my friends, gather roaches, for we shall inherit the Earth




Honestly, I don't even know whats's up with this poem.

4 comments:

  1. Funky man, the lines just got faster and faster and it built me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I agree. I* like that actually. Sounds like a horror film. lol I almost feel like it should have ended on the first stanza, but now that I've read the next one, I'm not sure. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very fond of this poem. thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Such a fun poem with the shape and the subject matter and love the twist in the last line! Only change I would suggest would be to take the "of" out of the first line, makes it a little awkward and I think the line length should still be okay without it.

    ReplyDelete