See everyone at 1:30 today (Monday) in our P.E. building paradise. I'll try to bring a little something of a treat or to drink. NON ALCOHOLIC. :) Feel free to bring a little something if you're inspired to do so, but only if inspired.
I'll also leave you/ us time to browse each other's portfolios and maybe comment in them during the class period as well.
Your reading time of 2-4 minutes maximum allows for you to read a couple of poems, or maybe just one longer one. After four minutes a giant hook comes out and you are swept up and devoured by gorgeous poetry dragons. We can also take time to look through each other's portfolios today.
And I will check off notebooks in the back :) So bring those as well.
Remember when you go up there… to say your name, introduce your poem, read slowly, and don't just run off with self-conscious relief after the last line. Allow the poem to strike the gong, to ring… then allow us to applaud, appreciate your poem, appreciate you. Then you can make your escape. :)
I'll leave this blog up in perpetuity— a way for you to share work and reading suggestions, arrange other writing groups, alert each other about local events or poets/ websites you found… all of it.
And please don't forget the wonderful Red Wheelbarrow launch event (book available) this Wednesday evening, 6-8 PM in the Fireside room, Campus Center. Refreshments served; come read your work from the magazine and celebrate with others. Awards given out! I already know that two people from our class won some kind of award, just saying — top secret—determined by an outside judge. But it could have been any of you. :)
Have appreciated each of you immensely. If I still owe you a conference (there are a couple of you :) — hold me to it. Or ask for feedback on the blog. Don't be a stranger. You know where my office is and you've got my e-mail address.
Thanks for inspiring me this quarter with your passion for poetry and your talent and sense of community/ support for one another. Bravo.
Your Truly,
—Ken
No comments:
Post a Comment