Haunted
by shadows of you
on all the streets
we used to wander
and all the corners
where we would linger
Haunted
by the footprints
of memories,
scenes stuck on repeat
your smile plays
on a track in my mind
Haunted
by the lies
seared into my flesh
my lips took kisses
but yours stole
parts of me
Haunted
by the laughs we shared,
the promises we made,
the way your fingers
would brush against my skin
was any of it real?
Haunted
by the words
that floated
from your lips
they meant everything to me
but nothing, to you
Haunted
by all the times
I looked at you
and saw someone
broken, but beautiful
you shattered that
Haunted
by your happy ending
dancing in my thoughts
you reappear
so I can’t forget you
but you’ve long forgotten me
Haunted
by the goodbye
you never gave
one day here,
gone the next
you already had, closure
Haunted
because I,
reached out to you
and you turned away
but it wasn’t because
you couldn’t stay
you just wanted
someone different
Hey all, sadly I didn't make it to class on Monday but I wanted some feedback on this (not sure if it's any good haha) so let me know what you think! :)
The word haunted haunts me throughout the poem!
ReplyDeleteI like it. I can really relate to your feelings.
ReplyDeleteThe repetition of the word haunted creates a beautiful overtone to the poem, and keeps not only the mood throughout, but dictates a certain rhythm and flow as well. As a general note, the use of lines not above 5 syllables is a great one, though there are some which go into 6 and one that went into 7 syllables. Those lines in particular are unnecessarily wordy, with filler words that could likely be cut down on.
ReplyDeleteOverall, though, a fantastic poem.