Ok, this is far from perfect,but I wantedto dosomething outside of my usualstuff, and this I think will count as a work and science poem ifI can make it work. Any help is appreciated. Tim you might be able to help me the most.
Massage Therapy Requirements
Medical terminology is dumb
We must learn inward rotation
bilateral flexion and deviation
pathologies and medications
just to help her arm that's numb
How's this for the medical charts
She points her toe when she dances
She twisted her anckle which enhances
That's planter-flexion if I must glance
Aren't I so educated and smart?
Yeah fuck the system! Or something
ReplyDeleteI like this a lot. True, it could be expanded… ? Love the bringing in of diction from the discourse of massage therapy and from dance. I know you can't force, but could you write more stanzas? It's wonderful. You're exploring the tension between professional discourses and impersonal techniques & nomenclatures… with the more straight-forward ways that you (or I, or us) — may also think about —and heal—the body. That's such a valuable and important underlying "true" subject. Love how the poem skates across that depth... on the sweet ice of verbal play and wit & music. And I feel authority… authenticity. This IS your language, your territory. Finish it! You're learning/ exploring while writing this one. —kw
ReplyDelete