Monday, April 13, 2015

OK, I'll get us started... here is a link to four poems from my latest book, Anything on Earth. This blog is for you to share your poems!  Enjoy! I'll share a few new ones too.  And will also share poetry links... please do the same... there is so much wonderful stuff out there.. Taylor Mali's YouTube page for example.  Or the amazing Web del Sol online literary journal.  Or 10,000 other things.  I'll be sending you all invitations to sign in this week. I sign in through gmail.  See you Wednesday for a dip into more intense image-making, simile, surrealism.  Enjoyed today's writing and discussion on riddle-poems (handouts, pp. 129 and 87)—also hope you enjoyed the discussion of William Stafford's A WAY OF WRITING (132-133, handouts). —Ken

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the links, and the two other sources. I just finished writing your poetry you posted. I really appreciate the way it makes me think. Each one I feel I can learn from. I like that the gazelle has the theme of forgiveness, as well as the name as its repeated phrase. It gives it a little more depth, almost like it has a few repeated words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely impressive ghazal, professor! that's a hard format to work in, and this is delightfully creative.

    ReplyDelete